Making home-baked bread is now made even easier with the Cuisinart CBK-100 Programmable Breadmaker. For all those who always wanted to eat healthy bread without added preservatives and thought that making some of their own would be a good idea, but found using the oven a bit too tedious, well, this appliance is just for them. In this Cuisinart CBK-100 review we’re going to talk about its features, advantages, disadvantages, and more.
Read Consumer Reviews for the Cuisinart CBK-100 Programmable Breadmaker on Amazon
The Cuisinart CBK-100 Programmable Breadmaker comes as a unique product that allows the individual the flexibility to make different recipes with ease. It boasts of many user-friendly features, which make it much in demand. Some of the features are listed here for you to judge for yourself.
Cuisinart CBK-100 Review
For this first part of our Cuisinart CBK-100 review, let’s talk about the features of this particular bread maker.
- Smart machine, compact in size, easy to operate
- Programmable breadmaker with size options for loaves
- Comes with 12 preprogrammed menus for easy baking
- Viewing window
- Easy to clean with a removable lid, pan and paddle
- Power Backup
Of course, that’s not all the awesomeness of this piece of equipment. Let’s talk more about it.
One of the most appealing aspects of the Cuisinart CBK-100 Breadmaker is its sleek, brushed stainless body and compact size. It does not occupy much space on your kitchen counter. Its dimensions are just 18 x 12.5 x 15 inches.
The Cuisinart CBK-100 Programmable Breadmaker features a touch pad to operate the programmable settings. It is simple to use, so technophobes won’t find themselves getting overwhelmed.
As the name says, the Cuisinart CBK-100 Programmable Breadmaker is easily programmable. One can select the different sizes of bread loaves as per one’s requirement. Three loaf sizes are available; 1-, 1-1/2-, and 2-pound loaves.
There are 12 preprogrammed, menu options available through which one can make different types of breads. You can choose to make basic white bread or the French or Italian bread, whole wheat breads, etc. The Cuisinart CBK-100 Programmable Breadmaker also lets you bake cakes and make jams and chutneys. One can also use it to prepare pizza doughs and pasta doughs.
The Cuisinart CBK-100 also comes with 3 crust options of light, medium and dark. It has special menu options for gluten free bread, packaged mixes and even for quick baking.
The 13 hour delay- start timer is a blessing in disguise. One can just set the timer and can keep one’s appointments or just set the timer at night and wake up in the morning to the smell of freshly baked bread.
The viewing window of the CBK-100 Breadmaker makes it convenient to keep an eye on the ingredients being mixed inside the unit.
What makes this bread-maker even more special is that it is very easy to clean. The top lid is removable and along with the outer body can be cleaned with a damp cloth. The pan and paddle of the unit can also be cleaned easily in a dishwasher.
The Cuisinart CBK-100 is packaged with a recipe book plus a measuring spoon and cup for using correct ratio of ingredients.
Cuisinart CBK-100 Pros and Cons
- This breadmaker is a compact, stylishly designed machine which has a good range of features and programmable settings. The build quality of the machine is excellent.
- The controls are easy to use and operate, making it very user-friendly.
- It’s very quiet in operation, emitting just a low hum.
- The included option for gluten free bread is a great plus if you have a celiac disease and need to be on a gluten-free diet.
- The unique power backup feature further adds to the charm of the bread maker. In case of a disruption in power supply, the unit will store the bread making program cycle in its memory for 15 minutes and resume once the power supply returns.
- The different recipes provided with the included recipe book can be used to produce mouth watering delicacies for the entire family.
- The height of the bread maker requires one to place it at a lower level or tip toe to add anything to it or even to look inside.
- The beeping sounds it produces during the bread making process are rather loud, which may slightly annoy some users.
Final Thoughts on the CBK-100
Finally, to conclude our Cuisinart CBK-100 review, we’re going to summarize our thoughts of the machine and give you a better idea of why we think it’s a great bread-maker for any home kitchen.
The Cuisinart CBK-100 Programmable Breadmaker is a very good bread machine which should serve most beginner and intermediate users well. Its compact, boxy design ensures that it fits well into any modern kitchen where space is at a premium.
Many consumers are impressed with the quality of the gluten free breads this machine produces, so it’s a sound choice for people with a celiac disease.
We highly recommend Cuisinart CBK-100 Programmable Breadmaker to those looking for a convenient, versatile bread maker which is inexpensive.
Click here to check current prices and read real customer reviews.